About Me

Saturday, December 10, 2016

My Name

Hello everybody! Today I will be talking about my name and its origin. As you may know my name is August and it comes from the Latin: Augustus. The Latin word augere, means "to increase". Augustus had the meaning "esteemed" or "venerable" and was a title given to Roman emperors.
I was named August because my dad's name is Cezar which he got from the Roman ruler Julius Cezar. To make it even more interesting my uncle's(father's older brother) name is Julius so the two of them make Julius Cezar.
My dad wanted our family to continue the pattern of naming children a Roman name hence: Augustus.
My last name (which I won't mention) comes from a 100% Polish origin since both sides of my family are Polish.

1 comment:

  1. This was very interesting to read about you father and his brother's are are connected. Are you also going to continue the name trend you father did?

    ReplyDelete